International Women’s Day (held on March 8th 2019) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity, something we at Denim Expert Ltd. under the guidance of our managing director, MD Mostafiz Uddin are committed to supporting.
The company currently employ 1937 employees, of which 1006 are female. On this international day of celebration we salute our valued female colleagues, who fulfill many roles throughout the factory, contributing the company’s ongoing success.
As a company we pride ourselves on the fact that our female employees have the opportunity to develop their skills and take an active interest in the company’s operations, furthering the family spirit. of Denim Expert Ltd.
In addition to their daily roles, our female colleagues are encouraged to learn other skills and take an active role in our CSR activities, including:
- Receiving training as First Aid Friends
- Receiving training as firefighters
- Being actively involved in the Worker’s Welfare Association (WWA)
- Participating as members of the company’s Safety Committee
- Representing their colleagues as members of the anti-harassment committee
- Involvement as peers within the HerHealth programme
- Involvement in mid-level management welfare activities
- Assisting our physically challenged employees in their roles.
We at Denim Expert Ltd. are exceedingly grateful to our female colleagues continuing contribution to the success of the company, are happy that they feel secure in their working environment, without the threat of harassment and in the knowledge that they will be treated with respect and as equals.
Denim Expert Ltd. observe International Mother Language Day through various programmes. Employees don black badges in recognition of the day as a day of mourning. The day begins with a rally as a mark of respect to those brave people who gave their lives for the mother tongue.